Please click here or scroll down for registration
Information according to Art. 13 and 14 GDPR
Data protection information on the registration for the CIBSS Symposium “Signalling across Scales“ from 23. to 25.11.2020 at the University of Freiburg
Responsible in the data protection sense:
Data Protection Officer:
The data protection officer of the University of Freiburg
Friedrichstraße 39, 79098 Freiburg
CIBSS Centre for Integrative Biological Signalling Studies
Telephone: (+49 761) 203 – 97374
Fax: (+49 761) 203 – 97419
Purpose of data processing
1. The data will be used for the organization, implementation and confirmation of the registration as well as the handling of the CIBSS symposium “Signalling across Scales“ from 23. to 25.11.2020 at the Albert-Ludwigs-University, Freiburg.
2. Mandatory information is required for the conclusion of the contract, registration or attendance at the event cannot be carried out without mandatory information.
3. As long as you have given your consent during the registration process, your data will be used to create lists of participants, name badges and printed materials (accompanying documents for the symposium).
4. In addition to the personal data that you can see in the registration process, photo and video recordings will be made at the event. These recordings serve the purpose of reporting on the event on websites and on social media channels as well as in press releases from the university. For this purpose, photos of the event could be published in printed matter from the university, such as the newspaper uni’leben.
Categories of data and legal bases for data processing
The following data is collected. Mandatory data are marked with an *:
University / Organization*
Institute / Department*
Photo and video recordings will be made during the event.
Legal basis for data processing
1. Implementation and confirmation of registration, handling of the event: Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b,, lit. e in conjunction with Art. 6 Para. 3 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in conjunction with Section 4 of the Baden-Württemberg State Data Protection Act. For voluntary information: Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
2. Lists of participants, name badges and printed materials: Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR
3. Recordings that reflect the character of the event (overview recordings): Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e in conjunction with Art. 6 Para. 3 GDPR in conjunction with Section 4 of the Baden-Württemberg State Data Protection Act
4. The photographer will ask for your consent for other photographs: Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR
Duration of storage
1. The personal data are stored for as long as is necessary for the handling of the event, i.e. the data will generally be deleted about 6 months after the last day of the event insofar as longer storage is not necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
2. This does not apply to personal data which are saved for 10 years for budgetary reasons for settlement with the household documents.
3. Recordings are stored for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which they were collected. If consent has been obtained for a recording, the photo recording will be deleted immediately upon withdrawal of the consent.
4. If necessary, the documents are taken over by the responsible university archive and are usually kept there indefinitely.
Recipient of your data
1. Employees of the Albert Ludwig University at CIBSS entrusted with the organization of the symposium.
2. Employees of the budget department of the Albert Ludwig University for billing purposes.
3. Recordings that reflect the nature of the symposium (overview recordings) and recordings for which you have given your consent: Members of the university, press editors and users of the online and print media of the university and the print and online products of the regional, national and international press.
4. In addition, documents must be offered to the university archive prior to their deletion, in accordance with the archiving regulations. This decides on the transfer of documents.
1. You have the right to receive information from the University of Freiburg about the data stored about you and / or to have incorrectly stored data corrected.
2. You also have the right to deletion or restriction of processing or a right to object to processing.
3. In addition, in the event that you have given your consent to the use of your data to compile a list of participants and name tags, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, although the legality of the processing carried out based on the consent until the revocation does not is touched. You can also withdraw your consent for the processing of individual data. Insofar as printing units are created in connection with the event, the consent can no longer be revoked once the print order has been placed. Further use of the print products created at the time of cancellation is permitted. You can also withdraw your consent for the processing of individual data. In this case, please contact email@example.com. In the event that consent is withdrawn, there are no disadvantages.
4. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the law. Such a supervisory authority is, for example, the State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information Baden-Württemberg, Königstraße 10a, 70173 Stuttgart, email firstname.lastname@example.org (https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.datenschutz.de/ ).
5. If you would like to assert data subject rights against the Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg, please contact email@example.com.
When transferring the registration data by e-mail: We would like to point out that the transmission of data on the Internet has security gaps and that complete protection of the data against access by third parties cannot be guaranteed. Alternatively, you can send us your registration by post.
Information about the objection according to Art. 21 Para. 1 GDPR
You have the right, for reasons that arise from your particular situation, at any time against the processing of data concerning you, which is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. e GDPR (data processing in the public interest) takes place to object.
Participation is free of charge, but registration is required!
Deadline for registration: November 5th, 2020 for poster abstracts and November 15th, 2020 for all other participants!